Our ambition is to be the safest place to be pregnant, give birth and transition into parenthood.
We are working to reduce health inequalities and support good health in pregnancy to give every baby the best start in life.
We provide the best care when we respond to an individual’s needs. We are working to make sure that every woman has access to the right information to make decisions about her care. We are producing information in different ways so that everyone can be well-informed to help make decisions about their care.
Our areas of focus include:
- Setting clear priorities to meet our ambitions and provide more personalised care.
- Implementing the NHS England Three Year Delivery Plan for Maternity and Neonatal Services main themes which includes:
- Listening to and working with women and families with compassion.
- Growing, retaining and supporting our workforce.
- Developing and sustaining a culture of safety, learning and support.
- Standards and structures that underpin safer, more personalised, and more equitable care.
- Reducing health inequalities and addressing variances in outcomes.
- Co-producing our work with service users, frontline staff, system leaders and people working throughout the system.